21/09/2011

Additional, more developed inspirational ideas

After looking at the previous lyric videos for music, I went on to research proper music videos with more complex ways to include song lyrics. So far I have only came across a couple, but both videos have two very different ideas which I both like, and hopefully are ideas which I will be able to adapt to my song choice and render into a different particular way which is individual to a style I take on.

The first video I looked at was "What Is Love?" by Never Shout Never.


Firstly, I liked the concept of having particular main words written down on pieces of cardboard as I think this lends a bit of difference to the video. Annotations are then introduced, making the video stand out and more interesting (in my opinion), and also making it more fun to look at. It compliments the song nicely and adds an unusual combination. I especially like the added notes idea so I may find a way to combine the two ideas together.

The second video I found was "Weightless" by All Time Low.


This video has a similar effect to the previous one as it also has annotations, however they are more like signs giving labels to certain people within the video. This aspect of the video is highlighted in a way, as a lot of the time the video footage is slowed down when the annotations appear on screen, so they stand out. They make the video more interesting, giving it something more than the generic conventions.
I hope to also involve something like this in my promotional video as I think it will make it different to just the standard video.

No comments:

Post a Comment