21/09/2011

Inspirations

I liked the idea of having lyrics to the song within the frame as the music plays so I decided this is something I am definitely going to include in my music video as I think it adds something more to a simple video and will show I can create more advanced elements in my work instead of the basic conventions.
I researched some videos which had this included in several different ways to try and develop some specific ideas.


I liked this video because of the way it's edited. Although rather simple the transitions and effects used are well done and effective, making the plain video more interesting, especially with the patterns that appear in the background along with the lyrics. How one word moves into another is smooth and I think that I may interpret some of these transitions into my work.


This is another video that relates to what I have said previously and ties in with transitions - the words flow into one another and there are other animations to go along with these lyrics, such as the window and rain at the beginning of the video. This helps me picture what elements I could include in my video and also contributes ideas which I can expand on.

Finally, I looked at the lyric video for the song "Arms" by Christina Perri.

 

Although this isn't an official music video for the song, I liked the concept of the lyrics being showed using an overhead projection and the letters being scattered into place. This helps me develop unusual and uncommon ideas which I could involve in my own video.

No comments:

Post a Comment